Lost Scorecard Golf Tournament
• Date: Friday, July 8, 2016
• Location: Meadow Hills Golf Course, 3609 South Dawson Street, Aurora, CO 80014 (Just east of Parker Road on Hampden)
• Tee-Time: Depending on the number of golfers the first tee-time will be around noon.
• Tournament Fee: $74.00 per Golfer. (Includes: 18 holes, golf cart & range balls, a chance to win the raffle, and a contribution to this year's charities, plus live music at Bistro Al Vino for our post-tournament party).
• Post-Tournament Party: Don’t forget, we'll all be heading to Bistro Al Vino after the tournament to continue the festivities and hear some great music from Kelli Said, one of the best '80s cover bands around.
In 2007, Randy organized the inaugural Lost Scorecard Golf Tournament solely as a way to get a bunch of fun-loving golfers on the course for golf and good times. It was a hit, and we’ve been putting on the tournament most years since. To keep things fun, we play a scramble (everyone hits from the previous best shot). The scramble format gives everyone plenty of opportunity to hang out with the rest of the folks in the group to discuss swing mechanics and other serious golf topics (right :)). We usually have prizes for things like most skips across the water on the 18th hole and the shot closest to the edge of the green on one of the par 3 holes. The team with the best score usually gets a $10 pro shop gift certificate to split between them. The person with the most skips across the lake gets a $20 gift certificate for him or herself.
After the tournament, we've always enjoyed gathering for refreshments
and watching the sunset from the patio of the Meadow Hills snack bar.
This year, however, following the festivities at Meadow Hills, we’ll all
be heading to
Bistro Al Vino around 7:00pm to continue the fun and
hear some really great ‘80s cover music from
Kelli Said, one
the most popular local bands around (and some of the nicest people
you'll ever meet). So if they’re not
already with us, after the tournament, we’ll collect wives, husbands,
boyfriends, girlfriends, significant others, and just plain others, and
reconvene around 7:00 at Bistro Al Vino. We’ll have a raffle for gift certificate(s) to the Meadow Hills pro shop during the post-tournament
party at Bistro Al Vino (you’ll have to be there to win).
Please join us this year!
If you are interested, send Randy an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, check back on our website for additional information regarding this year's Golf Tournament as it develops.